This gingerbread granola is crispy, sweet, and spiced. Oats topped with roasted pistachios, dried cranberries, and white chocolate will be sure to warm you up this winter season! The cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and molasses give the granola its gingerbread flavor and aroma. This festive recipe is packed with a variety of nutrients, making it the perfect holiday snack! The oats, coconut, and cranberries are all rich in antioxidants, high in fiber, and can help reduce bad cholesterol. Oats also contain soluble fiber, which can help reduce blood pressure and inflammation, and it helps increase your satiety, making you feel full for longer. This recipe is very adaptable and can be made nut-free by substituting the nuts for seeds, or omitting them completely.
Recipe from: https://www.fivehearthome.com/gingerbread-granola/
old-fashioned oats – 4cups
shredded coconut – 2 cups
raw slivered almonds – 1 cup
ground ginger – 2 tsp
cinnamon – 1 ½ tsp
ground nutmeg – 1 tsp
salt – ½ tsp
ground cloves – ⅛ tsp
coconut oil, melted and cooled – ⅔ cup
pure maple syrup – 6 tbsp
molasses – 3 tbsp
pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
lightly salted roasted pistachios – 1 cup
sweetened dried cranberries – 1 cup
white chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Position rack in center of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, almonds, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves.
- Pour coconut oil over the mixture and stir. Combine maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla, pour over oat mixture, and stir all ingredients until evenly coated.
- Transfer granola onto a 13″x18″x1″ rimmed sheet pan and spread into an even layer. Bake, stirring and flipping with a wooden spoon every 10 minutes, until the mixture turns a nice, even, golden brown, about 30 minutes total. Watch carefully for the last 10 minutes of baking time, checking every few minutes and stirring as necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Remove granola from the oven and stir frequently as it cools, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking. Once completely cool, mix in pistachios, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.