This seaweed wrap is a perfect on-the-go food! It is quick and easy to make, and fits nicely into a lunch box. It provides all the components that make a meal satiating; the avocado is full of healthy fats, the kimchi and seaweed provide fiber, and the egg and tofu provide a protein boost. Kimchi also contains probiotics, making it great for supporting digestive health. Not only that, but white rice is easy to digest and is a great source of carbohydrates to keep you going through the day. This recipe is easily adaptable to suit your tastes. Feel free to omit or add any ingredients you like (but take care that the wrap doesn’t overflow)!
- Yield: 2 seaweed wraps 1x
- 2 seaweed sheets
- ¼ cup avocado, mashed
- 1 egg
- Approx. ¼ package of firm tofu
- 2–4 tbsp chopped kimchi
- 4 tbsp white rice
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Whisk the egg, then cook on medium heat until done.
- Cut the firm tofu into four ¼ inch slices and pat dry with paper towel. Place in pan and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine rice with sesame oil and mix well.
- Take one seaweed sheet and cut a slit down the center. The slit should reach the center of the sheet. Turn the sheet so that the slit faces towards you.
- Spread around 2 tbsp of white rice on the bottom left quarter of the sheet.
- Cut fried egg in half and place on the top left quarter section of the seaweed sheet. Place 1-2 tbsp of chopped kimchi on top. Place 2 tofu pieces on the top right quarter section and spread half of the mashed avocado and hot sauce (optional) on the final bottom right quarter.
- Take the bottom left corner and fold it upwards (onto the egg and kimchi). Then, fold to the right (onto the tofu). Finally, fold downwards (onto the avocado).
To make them easier to hold/transport, consider wrapping them tightly in paper or plastic wrap before eating.
- Serving Size: 2 seaweed wraps
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 570mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 185mg