Peanut Butter and Almond Granola
This recipe is perfect for those who love all things crunchy. It’s an amazing addition to yogurt or smoothie bowls, on its own and on the go! This granola is chock full of almonds and pumpkin seeds. Almonds are a great source of vitamin E, which is a type of antioxidant and pumpkin seeds are rich in nutrients like magnesium and zinc. It is super easy to make over the weekend in preparation for the rest of the week. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 3 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ peanut butter (can be substituted for any nut butter of your choice!)
- ¼ olive oil
- ¼ agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 320° F (160°C)
- Add oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and brown sugar to a bowl and stir.
- In a separate bowl, add the nut butter, oil, syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until coated.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and spread it out.
- Bake in the center of the oven until slightly golden (around 20-30 mins), stirring halfway to ensure it is baked evenly.
- Allow it to cool after baking and serve!
Recipe reviewed by Annie Tsang, RD
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg