Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad
This is the perfect pasta salad for your upcoming summer BBQs! It is creamy, filled with fresh vegetables and the best part, it’s vegan friendly! Colourful veggies like bell peppers and tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C and carotenoids, both protecting you from diseases and enhancing your immune system. We recommend you give this yummy and refreshing salad a try!
For the Salad
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- ½ cup red bell peppers finely diced
- ½ cup yellow bell peppers finely diced
- ½ cup red green bell peppers finely diced
- ½ cup celery finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- ¼ – ½ cup veggie bacon bits (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1 ½ cup Vegan Mayo
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard
- 1 ½–2 tbsp diced jalapenos canned or jar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package in lightly salted water (make sure the water is salty. This will help season the pasta) until slightly under al dente
- Drain and place in the fridge until cold (Do not rinse the pasta to keep the starch and flavour)
- To make the dressing, in a large bowl add vegan mayo, mustard, jalapeños,garlic, black pepper, salt, sugar and Italian seasoning until combined. (You can blend if you want for a stronger jalapeño taste. Refrigerate dressing overnight for best results)
- When pasta is cool, toss pasta with remaining vegetables, dressing and veggie bacon bits if using.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve cold and stir before serving.