Three Bean Salad
One of the easiest ways to get plant-based protein is to make a three bean salad. This salad takes under 30 minutes to prepare and is packed with fiber, protein, and complex carbohydrates. The high fiber content contributes to satiety, helping you feel full, making your digestive tract slower, and preventing spikes in blood sugar levels. The fiber content in beans may also lower risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers. This salad is packed with micronutrients and minerals including iron, potassium, folate, and antioxidants such as polyphenols that protect and repair cells from oxidative damage. Whether you are on a plant-based diet or not, this salad can offer a good amount of protein within your meals.
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ large cucumber, diced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 5 cubes feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together: red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, add the cans of beans together, cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, and sliced red onion.
- Pour the dressing ingredients into the large salad bowl and add the crumbled feta and finely chopped parsley
- Serve salad or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Link to reference recipe : https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/three_bean_salad/
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 5mg