This simple sauce turns bland chicken or beef into a flavourful stir fry perfect for dinner any day of the week. Traditional teriyaki from the store may contain significantly more sodium and sugar so why not make it at home when it only takes 4 minutes! (It tastes just as good, if not better!) Feel free to substitute the coconut aminos for soy sauce, tamari or low sodium soy sauce as well and add more or less chili flakes depending on how spicy you like it. We also wouldn’t skip out on the fresh ginger and garlic, as it packs way more flavour than powdered. Tip: buy pre-chopped ginger and garlic in a jar and store in the fridge to make prepping even faster! We recommend serving the chicken or beef with a side of broccoli and brown rice to make it a complete and delicious meal. The teriyaki can be stored in the fridge for around 5 days as well.
- ½ cup soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice or water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp tapioca flour
- 3–4 chicken breasts or thighs
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Mix the coconut aminos, orange juice, honey, ginger, garlic and chili flakes in a small saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Mix tapioca flour with 2 tablespoon of cold water and add the mixture into the sauce and cook until thickened.
- Add in cooked and chopped chicken and stir to cover in teriyaki sauce.
- Top with fresh green onions, sesame seeds and serve with vegetables and rice.
- Serving Size: 1 serving (just the sauce)
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 560mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg