This is a great recipe that is quick and easy to prepare. Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3, which has many health benefits. If you can, it is great to add omega-3 to your diet. Omega-3 is known to help reduce inflammation and it has many benefits in brain health. This includes reducing neuroinflammation, membrane function and nerve transmission. This a simple but tasty dish that you will want to make again!
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 fillets of salmon(150g)
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ lemon slices
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Season the salmon with paprika, pepper and salt to your liking.
- In a bowl place lemon juice, maple syrup and soy sauce. This mix will be used later.
- Place the pan on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add salmon with the skin facing up.
- After 4 minutes or until slightly golden flip the fillets.
- After another 4 minutes or until it’s golden. Remove fillets from the pan.
- Cut garlic into little pieces and cook until golden brown.
- Add the mix of lemon juice, maple syrup and soy sauce to the pan.
- Add the salmon again and use the mix to dress the salmon.
- Add the lemon slices and cook until golden.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and salad.
Original Recipe: https://www.recetasporuntubo.com/2020/09/salmon-salsa-miel-soja.html
Recipe reviewed by Annie Tsang, RD
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 115mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 70mg