Southwest Egg Muffin Cups
These Southwest Egg Muffin Cups are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or snack! These egg muffin cups are packed with the vitamins that are essential for good health. These egg muffin cups are high in folate and iron from the spinach and avocado. For you people that need something quick and easy to get out the door, these are perfect for you. Each egg muffin is packed with protein as well so it also makes a great post-workout pick-me-up. They freeze well so feel free to make a huge batch and have them ready for your meal prep. Give these a try!
- 1lb firm tofu, drained, rinsed and pressed
- 3 ounces organicgirl greens coarsely chopped (I like to use SUPERSPINACH, SUPERGREENS! or I heart baby kale)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind including almond or soy milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch cumin
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (you can omit if making dairy-free)
- salsa and avocado for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Generously grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the greens, peppers and onions between the 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with the egg mixture, pouring over the vegetables. Sprinkle cheese over the top of each cup. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and puffed up. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Run a knife along the sides of each cup, remove and enjoy!