Roasted Beet Hummus
This delicious hummus makes an excellent side dish or appetizer at any gathering or works great as a fast snack. The bright pink color is sure to WOW everyone as well! The hummus is perfectly creamy with the right amount of sweetness from the tahini and pairs perfectly with hints of lemon! This beet hummus has multiple benefits (besides looking amazing and being pink!) Chickpeas are excellent sources of iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium manganese, zinc, and vitamin K. Beets contain high amounts of antioxidants and are also high in fiber, folate, and vitamin C.
Recipe from: https://minimalistbaker.com/roasted-beet-hummus/
- 1 package pre cooked beets (250g)
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (398mL)
- 2/3 cup tahini (190g)
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice (84mL)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil (43g)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (5mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (5mL)
- 1 handful chopped herbs
- Combine the chickpeas, tahini, beets, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt into your appliance of choice*.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, adding more olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt as needed.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle parsley, lemon zest, big salt flakes or swirl olive oil on top!
*Use either a hand-held mixer, blender, or food processor so that your hummus is creamy and well mixed!
If using a han held blender, you might need to blend it a little longer until the hummus becomes creamy and thick.
Play around with different toppings. Adding other herbs, nuts or olives will take this side dish to the next level.
I would also strongly recommend using pre-cooked beets as it is a huge time saver but you can roast your own if you prefer!