Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
This hearty breakfast (or snack) is both yummy and nutritious. Cocoa powder is an especially nutritious addition to this dish, packing both antioxidants and vitamins. Peanut butter offers protein and essential fatty acids, thus contributing to satiety. Hemp seeds are also a unique ingredient that has both protein and omega-3 polysaccharides. The star of this breakfast, old-fashioned oats, is an incredible source of fibre and carbohydrates, making this a versatile and nourishing addition to anyone’s repertoire. It can be prepared before bed, or in the morning and then eaten as a midday snack. Seasonal fruits make an excellent topping for this breakfast, both adding vitamins and making this a dish that can be made any time of year.
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds or chia seeds
- ½ tbsp honey
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Optional: banana, strawberries for topping
- In a clean jar or container that has an air-tight lid, pour in milk, peanut butter, hemp seeds, and honey.
- Briefly mix, leaving peanut butter chunks throughout the jar.
- Add oats and cocoa powder, then mix. Make sure all oats are submerged in liquid before sealing the jar.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours. For thicker oats, leave in the fridge for at least five hours.
- Can enjoy cold or slightly heated. Top with banana slices or strawberry slices as desired.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 5mg