Watermelon Mint Salad
Is there a better way to cool down and stay hydrated this summer while enjoying a seasonal watermelon? This isn’t just any boring old salad, either — it’s a great side dish that will surely be a crowd-pleaser at your next family potluck. An interesting fact you can tell your friends and family while they enjoy this salad is this: watermelon seeds shouldn’t be spat out! They are a rich source of proteins, vitamins, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, copper, potassium and more. These calories from the seeds can add up though, so you need to be mindful of your portions.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Chop the watermelon into quarter-inch cubes. Chop mint and slice parmesan.
- Combine watermelon, mint, and parmesan in a serving bowl. Lightly toss to mix.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve chilled as a side dish!