Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
This recipe makes 6 fluffy and cakey pumpkin spiced pancakes, and they are a great way to start your day and get you in the cozy spirit. Pumpkin is also packed with nutrients and antioxidants, such as vitamin A and vitamin C. Vitamin A can contribute to bone health, reduce the risk of night blindness from aging, and both vitamin A and vitamin C help support the immune system. These pancakes are simple and quick to make, they are also great for making ahead and storing frozen, so you can have pancakes ready to eat whenever you feel like!
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) All Purpose Flour*
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Soy Milk*
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil*
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/3 cup (75g) Pumpkin Purée (canned or fresh)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Pour in the soy milk and then add the oil, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin purée and whisk to mix properly and remove lumps.
- Heat a frying pan with a tsp of olive oil.
- When the pan is very hot, pour in some batter (roughly 1/4 cup at a time).
- When little bubbles appear on the top, flip the pancake over.
- Continue to flip the pancakes regularly, pressing down with your spatula to ensure no wet batter remains in the center.
- When cooked, repeat the process until your batter is finished.
- Serving Size: 6 servings per container
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg