Whether you’re vegan or not, this tofu scramble is a great way to incorporate some plant-based protein into your diet! This recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require much time and is a perfect pairing to toast, sliced avocado and just about any breakfast food! Tofu has all essential amino acids as well as lots of vitamins and minerals such as calcium and iron, which makes it a great start to your day!
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 block firm tofu (any type of tofu will work!)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅓ cup frozen vegetables or vegetables of choice (optional)
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil (any cooking oil)
- Heat a pan with cooking oil and add the frozen vegetables or your vegetables of choice.
- Once the vegetables are part way cooked, place the block of tofu on the pan and crumble with a fork.
- Cook the tofu for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, salt, onion powder and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the plant milk and serve.
Original Recipe Link:https://www.noracooks.com/tofu-scramble/
Recipe reviewed by Annie Tsang, RD
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 0mg