Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
Skip the Thai takeout and make this dish right in your kitchen! It is easy enough to whip up any day of the week and will satisfy your soul. This noodle soup recipe is very fragrant and comforting because of all the spices, herbs and lime. Want to make this dish plant-based friendly? Switch out the chicken for tofu, skip out on the fish sauce and use vegetable broth instead for super easy plant-based alternatives.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbsps red curry paste
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package rice noodles
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsps freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles, fish sauce and brown sugar until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in green onions, cilantro, basil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 6.0g
- Sodium: 1098mg
- Fat: 20.0g
- Saturated Fat: 13.0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27.0g
- Fiber: 2.0g
- Protein: 22.0g
- Cholesterol: 44.0mg