Sweet Potato Gnocchi
This recipe is a twist on the classic Italian gnocchi, which typically consists of flour and white potatoes. Sweet potatoes are loaded with various vitamins such as vitamin A. They are also high in fibre which helps keep you fuller for longer! This recipe is an easy way to incorporate sweet potatoes into your diet and practice your cooking skills!
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- ¼ cup of flour and extra for dusting
- 1 large sweet potato
- Splash of milk (as needed, can sub plant milk)
- Pinch of salt
- Using a fork, poke a few holes into the sweet potato.
- Steam until soft or microwave for 8 minutes, flipping half way through
- Peel off the skin of the sweet potato and mash until smooth, add a splash of milk if needed to help make it smooth.
- Dust a working surface or cutting board with flour. Mix together salt and flour, pour onto the surface and create a small well in the flour.
- Scrape the sweet potato into the well and work the sweet potato into the flour until fully combined.
- Keep adding flour as needed until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Cut the dough into quarters and roll each quarter into long logs. Cut into inch-size pieces.
- To cook gnocchi, bring salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until it floats to the top. Serve with your choice of pasta sauce and enjoy!
Original Recipe Link: https://www.thecheaplazyvegan.com/sweet-potato-gnocchi-2-ingredient-recipe/
Recipe reviewed by Annie Tsang, RD
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg