No Flipping Meal Prep Protein Pancakes
With summer vacation wrapping up, it’s time to get back into the swing of things. This is the perfect breakfast to get you out the door in no time. Pancakes do not need to be reserved for weekends only, make these meal prep pancakes and have them at the tip of your fingers any day of the week. They are packed with 11 grams of protein for every pancake so this also makes a great post-workout pick-me-up to help recover those muscles. Give these a try!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 scoop (43g vanilla protein powder; roughly a heaping half cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and protein powder.
- Add in the maple syrup, milk, eggs and butter, and mix until just combined.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with oil, and rub with a paper towel to ensure even coverage.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out of the centre cleanly and pancake springs back to the touch.
- Allow to cool for 10-20 minutes, then slice into 8 portions.
- Store in the fridge for 4 days in a sealed container.
- Store in the freezer, wrapped in plastic and stored in a larger freezer bag or container, for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before serving.
- To Serve: Enjoy cold or heated slightly.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit, and/or maple syrup.
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 70mg