Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread
This greek yogurt zucchini bread recipe is a lighter alternative to classic zucchini bread. The greek yogurt helps the bread keep its moisture while using less oil, and it also adds more protein! Zucchinis are high in fibre which helps to aid digestion, and they are also a good source of vitamin A which can help improve the immune system and eye health. Zucchinis are also a late summer squash, making this recipe great to make in the Summer and Fall!
- 1/3 cup (80ml) canola, vegetable, or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) organic blue agave
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (121g) plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature*
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium-large)*
- optional: 2 tsp orange zest
- optional: 3/4 cup (95g) chopped walnuts, (115g) raisins, or (135g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk the oil, agave, egg, yogurt, and vanilla together in a medium bowl until combined. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Avoid overmixing. Fold in the zucchini, orange zest, and walnuts.
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on it! The bread is ready when you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. If you find the top of the bread is browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving. Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 5 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months. (Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature before serving).
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg