Fresh Tomato Salsa
This fresh tomato salsa is tasty and super easy to make! Tomatoes are also high in vitamin C, which is a power antioxidant that can help boost your immune function. This recipe is great for the summer as tomatoes are in season, and the lime juice and jalapeno peppers also add a refreshing and spicy kick!
- 3/4 pound tomatoes (about 2 medium), seeded and finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 small fresh jalapeño or serrano chile, finely chopped, including seeds, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp fine salt, or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste with additional chile, lime juice, and salt.
- This salsa keeps in the refrigerator for up to one day. Before you serve it, stir it well and drain any excess liquid that has accumulated in the bowl