Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Craving something cold and sweet to satisfy you on a hot summer day? Try these chocolate peanut butter banana bites right out of the freezer! This is the perfect pick-me-up to enjoy during any part of the day. Bananas are packed with potassium and the peanut butter packs a protein punch! Dark chocolate is a great source of antioxidants, making this tasty snack both nutritious and delicious!
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Peel and slice bananas into rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
- Line a platter or small baking sheet with parchment paper. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on a banana slice and top with another banana slice to make a little banana peanut butter sandwich. Keep doing this until all banana slices are used and you have about 30 bites. Place bites on two parchment lined platters or plates and place in the freezer to harden for about 1 hour.
- Once banana bites have been in the freezer for over an hour, melt your chocolate by adding chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and microwave in additional 30 second increments until chocolate is completely melted. This shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes of microwave time.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove one platter of your frozen banana bites from the freezer. Dip each frozen banana bite into the melted chocolate so that half of each bite is coated. You can coat the full bite with chocolate, but you’ll need more chocolate chips if you want to do this.
- Place chocolate covered bites back on the parchment lined platter. Place back in the freezer to harden up, grab your second platter and continue until all the bites have been dipped. Let both platters of chocolate covered bites harden in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- At this point you’re ready to enjoy or you can transfer the bites into a freezer safe storage container for later. They should last a least 1-2 months in the freezer.
- When you store the banana bites for a longer period of time, they can get pretty hard so you’ll want to take them out the freezer and let them thaw for about 5 minutes before eating.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 30mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g