This is a great recipe to follow that can be modified with various fruits. Depending on what you like or what you have in your fridge, you can choose the fruit that you like the most. This recipe will provide you with 6 servings and is a great dessert. It is easy to prepare and doesn’t require many ingredients and once its in the oven it will make your home smell nice and cozy. It is a great source of energy and can be a classic dessert you can whip up in a moment’s notice.
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 4 medium apples (or 2 cups fruit of your choice)
- 1 mL cinnamon
- 175 mL rolled oats
- 30 mL whole wheat flour
- 50 mL brown sugar
- 5 mL cinnamon
- 40 mL cold margarine
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease your baking container.
- Place fruit of your choice in bowl, add cinnamon and mix.
- Mix toppings (oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon) in a medium sized bowl.
- Add margarine into this blend and cut it in until it is a crumbly consistency.
- Add the fruit to your baking container and then sprinkle toppings on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cook until the topping is golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Inspired by Foods Teacher-Ellen Walker
Recipe reviewed by Annie Tsang, RD.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.24g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g