As fall is fast approaching, apples are currently in season, and there is no doubt that these fruits are packed with nutrients. The saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” has been a really popular phrase for the last decade or so, and you would be surprised to find out how true this statement is.
What are the benefits of eating apples?
- Lowers the risk of build up of bad cholesterol, which can lead to diseases such as coronary heart disease.
- Helps with constipation- from the great amount of fibre and water content, it helps in softening the stool.
- Decreases the risk of stroke- the antioxidants in apples have many benefits, which is scientifically proven to decrease the risk of stroke.
How to incorporate apples into your diet
Apples are the kind of fruit that you can have at any time of the day in a variety of ways, the options when it comes to this fruit are endless! The most common way that you can add apples into your diet is to eat them sliced or whole as a snack. Other methods include:
- Incorporate apples into your salad
- Drizzle them in nut butter
- Cook with cinnamon in frying pan/slow cooker
- Add them into your oatmeal
- Pair them with cheese sticks
Whatever method you choose to eat your apples, enjoy more of them when they are in season!